GET STARTED WITH RMS™
—— “JustRouseIt” ——
By Graham Rouse
“I’m new to the art of balloon work. I love your offerings, but there are so many that I am overwhelmed. How do I get started?”
NEW TO RMS™?
JustRouseIt™ in this simple way to get started.
In less than 15 minutes you can learn the basic skills you need to produce the air filled, Single Layer Heart MadeWithBalloons™ and RMS™ that we use for an example in the video below.
The great thing is that once you learn these basic Single Layer Skills you will be able to immediately make the Single Layer version of any and all of the 19 RMS™ pre-cut, air filled, balloon decorator shapes available at the online RMS™ Store in Ballooniverse Mall.
LOAD THEM UP – SINGLE LAYER
Here is an eight minute video that shows you how to JustRouseIt™ Single Layer style
- How to prepare the balloons
- How to prepare the Rouse Matrix and
- How to load the balloons
If we can cover those basics in less than 10 minutes, it can’t be too hard, can it?
You will be using our time tested “Classic” methods. You load balloons with a patented duplet technique. It produces a 2′ heart MadeWithBalloons™ in a single layer with only 38 balloons..
That was not so hard; was it?
EVEN EASIER WITH RMS™ STAR-6 (Six Pointed Star)
- Rouse Matrix™ Six pointed star balloon frame – Two come in a package.
JustRouseIt™ Single Layer loading is even easier with a 2′, RMS™ Star-6 . It has some special benefits for RMS™ beginners.
- It has the same honeycomb (hexagon) grid as most RMS™ balloon frames throughout the shape. And, the hexagons are closer to the shape of the round balloons than the diamonds of the heart.
- It holds balloons of the most popular size for RMS™. (5″ round latex balloons) And the inflation size is the same every time.
- All the balloons for the star, and the other 18 balloon frame shapes in this blog, are air filled for lower cost and longer life.
- It is small enough (about 2′ in diameter) to handle easily in a small work space.
- It has been pre-cut into a popular and useful shape (a six pointed star).
- You need only one bag of (100) 5″, round, latex balloons to practice a variety of loading techniques. You may, however, prefer to get two or three bags so you can make designs with different colors.
THE GREAT THING
The great thing is that you have learned a lot more than you realize.
With only these three basic JustRouseiT™ skills
- Expand the Rouse Matrix
- Inflate, size and tie balloons
- Load the balloons single layer
you can make ALL the Rouse Matrix™ shapes that you will find at the online RMS™ Store plus many more. There is no need to feel overwhelmed. You can handle them all with the new skills you have learned.
Some are larger than others and will take longer, but you now know how to to produce all these shapes MadeWithBalloons™ in a Single Layer. So, try some and then play with adding your own details and embellishments.
The RMS™ Store currently includes these JustRouseIt™ shapes:
|Award Statue||Candy Cane||Football||Seahorse|
|Bat||Circle||Football Player||Star 5|
|Bath Tub||Diamond||Gingerbread Boy||Star 6|
Select one of the RMS™ Shapes listed above to see more information about it and to purchase the ones you like best.
The nominal size of balloons and the actual inflation size will vary depending upon the overall shape you choose and the size of the openings you fill. Most use 5″ or 6″ balloons inflated to 4″ in diameter. See instructions sheets that come with the Rouse Matrix. You may download instruction sheets and other useful information from Rouse International’s free “Downloads” page..
Here are a few pictures to get your brain thinking about possibilities. Some are much larger than our two examples above and some have add-on embellishments, but all the basic construction can be accomplished with the JustRouseIt™ techniques you have learned here.
Here is a list of online resources for more information about Rouse Tools and Techniques that will Advance Your Balloon Art and Business. Do not be overwhelmed by the long list. Check them out one at a time at your leisure.
Or, simply return here for more in our series on how to ” Get Started with RMS™”.
- Double Layers Online Now.
- Double Bubbles Online Now.
- Single Layer You Are There Now
- Modular Panels
- Speed Graphics
- Stand Them Up
- 3-D Forms
Each one will take you one easy step further toward becoming an expert..
Sign up to be notified by email when a new article is posted here. See “Get Blog Updates” near the top of the right hand column on this page.
Also, bookmark this particular page so that you may easily return to access the links below.
|RMS™ BLOGS||RMS™ PHOTOS|
|RMS™ VIDEOS||SEARCH FOR ROUSE ONLINE|
* Balloon displays that incorporate our overlapping cut expandable frame technology are covered by USA patent # 6,332,823. Balloon displays that incorporate the Single Layer technique shown here are covered by USA patent #7,507,137. As of this writing (April 5, 2013) and wherever USA patents apply, that means you must use official Rouse Matrix Systems™ balloon frames rather than other frames. You may currently (April 30, 2013) use your own choice of balloons and other components. That is subject to change without personal notification. Check back here and other official Rouse web sites for updates
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – — – – – – – – – –
Thanks for joining me here today. Do come again soon as we examine other projects MadeWithBalloons™ and other JustRouseIt™ skills to Advance Your Balloon Art and Business.
“Just Rouse It” Blog
Copyright 2013 by Graham Rouse